I know; I’m not intense enough. I’m not a warrior who can run for three hours with no music and no distractions. Many of you will tell me to leave the gadgets at home. But I’m addicted to my iPhone. It does everything! And let’s face it, hours of running per week gets…boring! Maybe I’m not doing it right, but after ninety minutes, with ninety minutes to go – if I don’t have something to distract me, there is no way I’m ever going running again. Here are some of the ways I keep myself preoccupied while still banking the miles.
- Listen to audiobooks – Not enough time to read? Perfect multi-tasking solution!
- Think about absolutely nothing
- Think about absolutely everything
- Text friends
- Rock out to my favorite songs
- Sing along, loudly, to said favorite songs (Along a deserted path.)
- Type out the random, adrenaline-rushed thoughts and brilliant ideas that hit
- Breathe so deep I can feel it through my back as my lungs fill with crisp, fresh air
- Take pictures of striking surroundings
- Tune out all of the above, clear my mind and listen to the leaves rustle
What do you do to keep yourself entertained for hours along your running trail?